The Cheapest Prepaid sim card in Poland
In this post, I will show you how to get the cheapest mobile plan you can get in Poland – spending just 10 PLN a month. Big promise perhaps, but in the past 8 months, I spent even less, just 50 PLN!
I’d like to add that I am not affiliated with the provider and that I am not making a dime with this post. The reason why I am writing this post is simply that I haven’t topped up my phone in eight months, it feels great and I want to share the “secret” with you!
Without further ado, here are 5 simple steps to get the best bang for your buck when it comes to mobile plans in Poland.
5 simple steps to get a cheaper mobile “plan” in Poland
- a) Get a Prepaid “Orange FREE” sim card
You can do it at a kiosk or at an orange point (Unfortunately, it’s not possible to buy it online). Be aware that it should not come with a monthly subscription, it has to be a simple prepaid.
b) If you already have an Orange prepaid card, you can activate “Orange FREE” by calling this:
- Next, go to this page and click “Sprawdź”.
- You will see this screen and you will proceed to the next phase:
As you can see in this table, when you top up 5 PLN you get 2.5 GB of free internet, but when you top up 100 PLN you get 50 GB for FREE!
The only problem is the “expiration date” which for the 100PLN offer is 155 days (5 months). At this point, you are getting 10GB a month for 20PLN.
“20 PLN a month? Didn’t you say 10PLN a month? Yes, I did. Which brings us to step 4:”
4. “Postpone” the expiration date by one year.
A few days before the expiration date comes, you can send the text “START” to “8002” and your funds and bonuses will be valid for a full year.
I, for example, topped up my orange FREE account with 100PLN in February 2017. Now it’s October, and I still have 50 PLN of available credit + 7GB of data. Awesome!
Thanks to apps like messenger, WhatsApp, and Viber I basically never use the standard SMS and calls. But what if you still do? What if you still use traditional calls? Point 5.
5. If you still use traditional calls, you can combine “Orange FREE” with another package that grants you a certain amount of monthly calls. The “Pakiet 120 minut do wszystkich (31 dni)”, for example, gives you 120 minutes and costs 9 PLN a month (which will be detracted from your credit of 100PLN). To activate this you can either:
a) Call *110*27# (free)
b) Send the text MINUTY CYKL to the number 676
c) Do it from the mobile app or online
If you top up 100PLN, you extend the duration of the contract and you add a “120 minutes a month package”, you’ll get:
- 5 GB of data a month
- 120 minutes of calls a month
- You’ll spend 10 PLN a month for 10 months of calls and data!
This is what I did and it worked out very well for myself. There might be better plans or even cheaper plans. If you know of a cheaper deal, please let me know.
If you found this idea useful please pay it forward and share!