“Off the Beaten Path Warsaw” (on a Communist Fire Truck)
Hop on a cult Communist Fire Truck and jumpstart your trip in Warsaw!
This authentic “Off the Beaten Path” tour will show you the hidden spots that most tourists in Warsaw never get to see. You’ll explore the controversial heritage of Communist Poland, discover secret pre-war courtyards and learn untold stories of Jewish families who lived in Warsaw’s Jewish ghetto.
You’ll also visit the hip artistic neighborhood of Praga and fill your belly with Polish delicacies… and vodka!
What to Expect
The tour focuses on the complicated history of 20th Century – World War II, Warsaw Ghetto, Warsaw Uprising, life under communism. The guide will take you to the best restaurant to try local Polish food and you’ll also try a world-famous Polish vodka.
- Get to know socialist realism architecture – Palace of Culture and Science and the communist neighborhood.
- Discover belle époque streets and hidden pre-war courtyards.
- Hear the heartbreaking story of Warsaw Jewish ghetto.
- Check out the original Praga district – a hidden, hip and artistic gem of Warsaw.
- Try the specialties of Polish cuisine
- Visit places that tourists don’t usually have a chance to see.
Hotel pickup. Departure Time: 10.00 am
Cult Żuk fire van from communist era
Genuine Polish food at the local unseen spot
Shot of famous Polish vodka (or coffee)
Food and drinks unless specified
Entrance fees above specified inclusions
If you cancel at least 2 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, you will be refunded 100%. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour provided by: Warsaw behind the scenes