WEEKEND IN WARSAW
We are back with the selection of the most interesting events of the weekend. Time for some fun after all the Easter feasts and a week of terrible weather. We have handpicked some mood-boosters, i.a. Earth Day celebrations, a one-of-a-kind butoh art festival, and a vinyl fair featuring a DJ set from a living icon – NOON. We also invite you to our surprise camp in Sicily! All details in #Warsawesome.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) Yoga and kite in Sicily with us!
We start with a surprise – we invite you to a kitesurfing and yoga camp in Sicily, which we are putting together. We are flying there for eight days: from July 2 to 9. Our base will be set in BirgiVecchi – a charming village with amazing kite spots. We will be staying in studio apartments with local hosts. The daily schedule will begin with yoga practice with our favorite teacher – Dominika Gryz, and then we will go kitesurfing at Rock’n’Ride Camp. There will also be one more yoga session in the evening to regenerate the body and mind. In the meantime, we will be serving Italian delicacies made on the spot, from local products. We will also go on local trips and excursions. Register today, tell your friends, and let’s go!
All information and the registration form can be found on the FB event.
The registration is open until May 10.
2) Earth Day
This year, Earth Day falls on Friday, April 22. This is a holiday that we should all celebrate. After all, it is about our home. You don’t really have to go anywhere to participate in the celebrations. It is enough to just go outside the house and clean the nearest lawn. There are also organized activities. For example, in Bielany, on Sunday, April 24, at 12:30 there will be meeting points in the Bemowski Forest near the Wawrzyszew terminus, in the Lindego Forest near the Moose, in the Młociny Forest by Polana, the Lasek at Nocznickiego Street and the Bielański Forest near the Post-Camaldolese Church and at Podleśna Street (FB event). It is best to check announcements in your block because this is where local groups most often post information. The majority of organized actions take place in schools, so you can also look for information on their notice boards.
Events accompanying Earth Day will most often take place in shopping centers. The one that caught our attention is Earth Day with Przerób-MY at Centrum Praskie Koneser. On Friday, April 22, from 16:0 there will be a meeting with the beekeeper, a workshop on building a hotel for wild insects, making pots from PET bottles, and an art upcycling show with Artur Indyka (FB event).
When it comes to educational values, we recommend the GEOvariety science picnic organized at the Geological Museum (ul. Rakowiecka 4). Special guests from the Center for Eco-Geological Education in Jaworzno and the Extinct Volcanoes Geopark will present the geological, tourist, and educational values of their facilities. The picnic will also include geology and paleontology workshops. Maybe it will turn out that you can climb a volcano in Poland as well? And in order not to get lost on the way, it would be good to read the maps well. Cartography enthusiasts will have the opportunity to see geotouristic maps developed by the Polish Geological Institute and test the application. The stands will host contests, games, and activities on geological, geographic, and palaeontological topics, in which you will be able to win prizes. You can drop by on Sunday, April 24, from 10:00 to 15:00 (FB event)
3) Butohpolis. The 4th International Butoh Art Festival
Butoh is an art that touches on difficult topics and the dark side of reality. It comes from Japan and draws from European expressionism. The performance is based on improvisation, and the dancer focuses on every detail of the movement to express very strong emotions. Movement is here a symbol of existence balancing between life and death.
Every year, the festival program presents new butoh from different cultural circles. This year it will be Afro-butoh – Tebby WT Ramasike from South Africa and butoh from South America – Campania Ruta de la Memoria from Chile. The program also includes the extraordinary film – “ButoHouse” by the outstanding and recognized duo – Beka & Lemoine. It is an excellent example of butoh art that goes beyond dance. You can find the full program at the FB event.
A very interesting proposition. It is worth breaking away from Netflix this way and watching art live.
when: from Friday, April 22, to Sunday, April 24,
where: Teatr Akt – ul. Łaziebna 9
4) Green weekend
It is said that for Millennials, plants are the new pets. Indeed, the last two years have made us appreciate taking care of houseplants as a form of therapy, hobby, or even social activity. The trend for plants continues, but you have to remember to buy wisely. First of all, find out more about the needs of a particular plant (e.g. amount of light, frequency of watering) before deciding to take it home. Secondly, buy from trusted sellers, because they guarantee not only the quality of the plant (e.g. that it is free from parasites) but also that they come from plantations that do not destroy natural ecosystems. This weekend, we can recommend shopping at two plant fairs, where you will also be able to seek expert advice:
- Plant Festival at Centrum Praskie Koneser, which will be held on Saturday, April 23, from 8:00 to 20:00, and Sunday, April 24, from 10:00 to 18:00, FB event.
- Targi Greenville in Elektrownia Powiśle (42 Dobra Street), which will open on Sunday, April 24, from 11:00 to 19:00, FB event.
However, if you prefer to focus on acquiring new skills in home gardening, we recommend the plant cultivation workshop at Centrum Łowicka (specifically in the shared garden “Nowe” at ul. Kulskiego 7) on Saturday, April 23, from 11:00 am. More information and other workshops in the “Garden at home” series can be found on the Center’s website.
5) Warsaw Conservation Days 2022
The idea of the festival is to popularize the protection of monuments and the history of the capital. To this end, the Office of the Capital Conservator of Monuments organizes guided walks along the route of tenement houses and churches renovated thanks to municipal subsidies. It is important to see how our money is used to aesthetically enrich the Warsaw landscape. A walk and a look at the beauty of Warsaw’s architecture will undoubtedly be a pleasant experience and will build a sentiment towards the city. You can take part on two days:
- Saturday, April 23, meetings points at Bracka 25 (a walk between 11:00-12:30), Wilcza 65 (13:00-13:40), Koszykowa 79a (13:50-14:20), Lindleya 12 (14:30-15:00); FB event.
- Sunday, April 24, meetings points at Sacramentki Street (11:00-11:45), Szeroki Dunaj 1/3 and 5 (12:00-12:30), Floriańska 8 (12:50-13:20), Ząbkowska 33 (13:45-14:15); FB event.
6) Vinyl markets
It’s going to be a good time for vinyl lovers. It will be possible to dig good stuff out at two strong events.
- First, on Saturday, April 23, from 11:00 to 20:00, thousands of vinyls are available for purchase at Elektrownia Powiśle (ul. Dobra 42). Most of them are 5zł each. In addition to each vinyl, you will get a free CD. That’s a real treat for those who still listen to music outside of streaming services. And if you share the FB event on your profile, there are also books for the special price of 1zł waiting.
- Record Fair Day Warsaw is an annual celebration of independent music stores and publishers. On Sunday, April 24, from 10:00 to 18:00, it will visit Miami Wars at BulwaryZaruskiego. The event will be accompanied by DJ sets and showcases, which will make the time of scouring the stands more pleasant. It is especially worth checking out the set of NOON – a producer and DJ known for cooperation with Grammatik or Pezet, who was classified by Machina on the 4th place in the ranking of the 20 best Polish hip-hop producers. The full list of exhibitors and concerts can be found at the FB event.
To find the best places for summer walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of the 35 Amazing Things to do in Warsaw in 2022.