WEEKEND IN WARSAW
DECEMBER 3 – 5
December is not only about Christmas markets. This week, we are presenting the whereabouts of the legendary DJ Hazel’s concert and the best ways to relax the day after. We are also inaugurating the ice skating season. And if you are still tempted by fairs with gifts, we provide the addresses of the best places. Time to start the weekend!
If you would like to receive our weekend guide every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
Winter weather can be tiresome, so you’d better relax your mind and body at the weekend. In our opinion, for this purpose, it is worth visiting:
- Sauna Wisła with a view of the river and nature which will be available from 6:00 to 24:00. There is also a relaxation area that can be used before and after the sauna session. Fresh juices, kombucha, healthy snacks, and infrared beds that reduce muscle tension are true incentives.
Where: Port Czerniakowski
- Magical Botanical Garden of the University of Warsaw illuminated with the Lumagica show. Interestingly, the site will be opened in winter for the first time in its 200-year history. Three zones await – romantic, deep breath, and one for kids. If you love light shows like us, you definitely have to go there.
when: until February 27
where: The Botanical Garden of the University of Warsaw – Aleje Ujazdowskie 4
- The Invisible. Stories of Warsaw servants exhibition is the first one about the forgotten history of women and the role of domestic servants. The topic broke through to the public awareness with Joanna Kuciel-Frydryszak’s book “Służące do wszystkiego”. To put it bluntly, the pre-war system of work and dependence which in 1938 affected over half a million women can be compared to slavery. You have to see it so as not to let it happen again.
when: until March 20
where: Muzeum Warszawy – Rynek Starego Miasta 28
2) Wixapol + DJ Hazel
The most important thing this week is that the legend of Polish techno, known to every experienced partygoer – DJ Hazel is headlining the event. For some, Wixapol is nothing more than a techno party. Enthusiasts, however, argue that these events represent a unique Polish style to be found nowhere else in the world. Whoever has never attended one should go to develop their own opinion, and whoever already has this experience under their belt does not need encouragement.
When: Saturday, December 4, from 22:00
Where: ul. Szwedzka 2
3) 15th Grand OFF Festival – The Best Independent Movies in the World
The fifteenth edition of the most important independent cinema festival in Poland is already underway. The most interesting productions from around the world are selected by the Nominating Committee for awards in eleven categories. You can watch all nominated films online. We recommend Saudade, the story of a meeting with the last two white rhinoceros, and the visually inspiring Too Late.
When: until Saturday, December 4
Where: FB website
4) Opening of the ice rink in Park Bródnowski
Classic winter date – a couple of rounds holding hands on the skating rink in the park followed by mulled wine or hot chocolate. This romantic scenario will be can come true in Bródnowski Park. Our friends from Brass Federacja will also play at the opening ceremony. Cool, we like this aspect of the winter landscape very much.
When: from Sunday, December 5, from 15:00
Where: Park Bródnowski, from ul. Kondratowicza
Earlier, on Wednesday, December 1, the Praga Skating Rink at Centrum Praskie Koneser will be opened as well. More information at the FB event.
December is the month of gifts. St. Nicholas’ Day and then Christmas are occasions that you need to be prepared for. Many fairs and markets are there to help. Most of them offer products from Polish handicraftsmen in the following categories: fashion, accessories, jewelry, natural cosmetics, home decorations, candles, fragrances, ceramics, Christmas decorations, and posters. It might be best to go as close to where you live as possible. We recommend the following places:
- Plac Politechniki, with a Christmas Market there, on Thursday and Friday, December 2 and 3, from 10:00 to 19:00,FB event;
- Centrum Praskie Koneser, where ZOO Market (FB event) and Fashion Market Square (FB event) take place on Saturday and Sunday, December 4 and 5, from 10:00 to 19:00;
- Elektrownia Powiśle (ul. Dobra 42), with Winter Design Fair on Saturday and Sunday, December 4 and 5, from 10:00 to 18:00, FB event;
- Hala Gwardii (Plac Żelaznej Bramy 1), and Podlaskie Święta on Saturday and Sunday, December 4 and 5, from 10:00 to 17:00, FB event;
- Blue City (al. Jerozolimskie 179), with the St. Nicholas Day edition of Shop Local, until Saturday, December 4, from 10:00 to 20:00, FB event;
- Palace of Culture and Science (pl. Defilad 1), with the Christmas Market there, on Sunday, December 5, from 12:00 to 19:00,FB event;
- Samo Centrum Wszechświata (ul. Chłodna 29), with Targi Warszawskie Perełki, on Sunday, December 5, from 12:00 to 20:00, FB event.
To find the best places for summer walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of the 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.