WEEKEND IN WARSAW
JUNE 18 – 20
Let’s be honest – late June 2021 is about your attitude to football. The month means gathering in EURO zones and looking for drinks and meals after a game for football fans. For the rest – it is a period of intensely searching for football-free alternatives. However, both groups can meet at outdoor training sessions, food courts, art festivals, and join forces on dancefloors. The best of both worlds is to be found on our list of TOP 7 events of the upcoming weekend.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide by email every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
We need to make the best out of these few hot weekends we get every summer, therefore partying now is to be enjoyed outdoors. Below is the list of events that will enable you to dance and sing your way into the weekend.
- If you want to shake it to rap, trap, jersey, footwork, and bassline grooves visit Lekkie Granie na Ż: NEEN NAH + ZuzaOK. The two DJs are members of the International Girls DJ’s squad which earned a solid reputation in the last couple of years.
When: Saturday, June 19, from 23:00
Where: WIR – Bulwary Grzymały Siedleckiego
- Clouds Fest brings playing concerts onto a higher level. The legendary Płomień 81 squad will perform straight from a hot-air balloon. It can be a game-changer.
When: Saturday, June 19, from 16:00
Where: Bulwary nad Wisłą
- Tribute to Krzysztof Krawczyk commemorates one of the biggest stars and showmen in the history of Polish pop music. The late singer left a ton of disco and dance hits beloved by all generations. Warszawa Główna is living up to our expectations of energizing the capital’s party life.
When: Friday, June 18, from 22:00
Where: Warszawa Główna – ul. Kolejowa 8/10
- Finally, there will be a silent disco on Ursynów. We look forward to seeing how this format fits the location. The DJ line-up is looking solid, the venue seems right – we remain more than optimistic.
When: Friday, June 18, from 19:00 to 24:00
Where: Ursynowskie Centrum Kultury „Alternatywy” – ul. Indiry Gandhi 9
2) EURO 2020 zones
The most important European football tournament keeps pushing forward. For the next two weeks, there will be three matches every day. They will begin at 15:00, 18:00, and 21:00. You will be able to watch all of these matches in the following venues that prepared their EURO zones (beer, barbecue, foosball, pub quizzes, etc.):
- Where: OFF Brzeska – ul. Brzeska 25; FB event
- Where: Boogaloo Beach Bar – Plaża Żoliborz; FB event
- Where: Pomost 511 and Fala – Płyta Desantu 3 Dywizji Piechoty; FB event
- Where: Elektrownia Powiśle– ul. Dobra 42; FB event
- Where: Galeria Młociny – ul. Zgrupowania AK Kampinos 15; FB event
- Where: Plażówka – ul. Dzieci Warszawy 24; FB page
- Where: Hula Kula – ul. Jagiellońska 82b; FB event
3) Food and drinks
There are places that serve delish meals every weekend and there are pop-ups that can surprise us and introduce pleasant changes in our dietary routines.
This weekend’s special events are:
- Food on Wheels, a festival of street food, opens on Saturday evening to provide mouth-watering delicacies to help Spain vs. Poland game go down smoothly. It will stay in the location for one more day to cheer up the fans on Sunday. We recommend vegan burgers from Las Veges and wursts from Berliner House.
When: Saturday, June 19, from 18:30 to 23:30, and Sunday, June 20, from 12:00 to 20:00
Where: Stadion Narodowy – al. Księcia Józefa Poniatowskiego 1
- Wake Up Grochów vol.2 is a campaign of Grochów-based pubs, cafes, and restaurants aimed at revitalizing the gastro-industry. Stacja Grochów, Klubokawiarnia Kicia Kocia, Komisariat 17, and many more are preparing discounts, special offers, concerts, and social events for the weekend (from Friday, June 18, to Sunday, June 20). One event to single out is
10th Anniversary of Tu było, tu stało | W jak Warszawa with a premiere of short doc #10latTuByłoTuStało, slideshow prepared by Społeczne Archiwum Warszawy (which is an archive of objects and spaces that either no longer exist or have been transformed into), and a premiere of dedicated craft beer.
When: Friday, June 18, from 18:00
Where: Klubokawiarnia Kicia Kocia – Al. Stanów Zjednoczonych 68
And the weekend classics are:
- Nocny Market is a food court beloved by everybody in the city. There will be classics from the previous 5 editions, exciting debutantes, 5 drink bars, redesigned chillout, and music zones. We can’t wait for beetroot and goat cheese pizza from Włoski Strajk. It’s an absolute killer.
When: the venue will be open on all Fridays and Saturdays (17:00-01:00), and Sundays (17:00 – 23:00)
Where: Dworzec Głowny – ul. Towarowa 3
More on FB page
- OFF Brzeska is a place to buy local produce, savor mouth-watering street food, and bounce to cool live beats. All this in the surroundings of an iconic marketplace – Bazar Różyckiego. The venue’s classic set that we wholeheartedly recommend comprises pyzy (a type of dumplings) and a shot of ice-cold vodka.
When: the venue will be open on all Fridays (17:00-01:00), Saturdays (17:00-02:00), and Sundays (13:00 to 20:00)
Where: OFF Brzeska – Brzeska 25
More on FB page
- Slow Market is your choice when you are partying by the boulevards. This year it will be located on Płyta Desantu near Pomost 511 and Fala nad Wisłą which ensures that good food will be accompanied by music that will make your legs dance hard.
When: the venue will be open on all Fridays (18:00-02:00), Saturdays (12:00-02:00), and Sundays (12:00 – 22:00)
Where: Płyta Desantu
More on FB page
4) Workshops, lectures, meetings
If you find want to attend a workshop, learn the basics of a new skill, listen to an illuminating lecture, or just bond with the local community by creating something together, check out the itineraries of the following events:
- Circles Festival #2 brings the spotlight onto the community, collective support, and building relationships. There will be talks, personal development workshops, creative workshops, and a market zone for entrepreneurs. We are particularly excited about auto-relaxation workshops dedicated to head massages for couples (Saturday at 14:00)
When: Saturday, June 19, from 10:00 to 20:00, and Sunday, June 20, from 13:00 to 19:30
Where: Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42
- Wooden Wonders workshop is a chance to learn how to work with carpentry tools. Each participant will design and make their own wooden object (a toy/stand/candlestick, etc.) You need to register here.
When: Friday, June 18, from 18:00 to 20:00
Where: Samogłoska – ul. Samogłoska 9a/3
- The Garden Party in Zacisze is a family picnic and flea market. There will be, among others, a florist workshop, weaving workshop, plant exchange, and a bike that you use to squeeze fresh juice. Sounds very pleasant for kids and adults. Plus it is an effect of local residents’ own initiative, so we support it even more.
When: Friday, June 18, from 15:00 to 18:00
Where: Dom Kultury Zacisze – ul. Blokowa 1
5) Unorthodox outdoor
As we have already established, June weekends are best spent outdoors. However, it is easy to fall prey to a streetfood-EURO zone-party routine. For that reason, we are thankful for one-off events that introduce more variety and allow us to be at the vanguard of new activities.
- This weekend a series of events dubbed Rollerblading by the Vistula kicks off. All we need to do is put on our rollerblades. Then Klaudia Hartmanis and Michał Sulinowski (no.1 in WSSA’s pair slalom ranking) will teach us the basics of freestyle slalom.
When: Saturday, June 19, from 10:00 to 11:00, and Sunday, June 20, from 10:00 to 11:00 and 18:00 to 19:00
Where: Miami Wars – Bulwar Zaruskiego
- Outdoor Books Festival will host over 70 publishers and 80 international writers. The former will be there to present special offers for their books, the latter will focus on talks and lectures for the readers. There will also be a strong comic books section, where you can attend workshops on Friday. The authors to watch are Luis Varela, Alvaro Ortiz, Jakub Żulczyk, and Paweł Sołtys.
When: on Friday, June 18, from 12:00 to 19:00, on Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20, from 11:00 to 19:00
Where: Park Saski
- Cairo by Night VIII Festival in Warsaw invites us to oriental dance workshops, oriental, Indian, and gypsy dance show, and an oriental bazaar where you will be able to buy culinary products, delicacies, jewelry, handicrafts, and oriental fragrances. A quick trip to the East will quickly refresh our minds before the next workweek.
When: dance show on Sunday, June 20, at 18:00; market on Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20, from 11:00 to 18:00
Where: Dom Kultury Świt – ul. Wysockiego 11
6) Outdoor yoga
We may be a bit biased, but outdoor yoga on a weekend morning is a better idea than drinking coffee. Especially now when the days are long and warm, starting quite early with a body-mindfulness on the grass sounds like exactly what we want to do. These are the available options:
- Yoga in a park
When: Fridays, from 17:00
Where: Park Żeromskiego
When: Saturdays, from 10:00
Where: Park Moczydło
When: Sundays, from 10:00
Where: Pole Mokotowskie
- Yoga on the grass
When: Saturdays and Sundays, from 10:00
Where: Prochownia Żoliborz – Park Żeromskiego
- Yoga in Lunapark
When: Saturdays, from 15:00
Where: Lunapark – Wał Miedzeszyński 407
- Outdoor yoga in Ursynów
When: Saturdays at 10:00
Where: Park Przy Bażantarni
To find the best places for June walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.