WEEKEND IN WARSAW
MAY 13 – 15
A massive wave of great events is coming — the Night of Museums, Millennium Docs Against Gravity, and Juwenalia. Enjoy the beautiful weather and switch to spring and summer mode for good. Visit #Warsawesome for all details of the best possible weekend.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) The Night of Museums
On Saturday, May 14, Warsaw will transform into an arts center in the eighteenth edition of the Night of Museums. You can participate in three distinct ways – by indulging in traditional sightseeing, discovering the digital resources of Warsaw’s 202 cultural institutions at home, or by going to one of the 84 outdoor events. This year, the city has prepared a special parade, an interactive installation on pl. Defilad, and a silent disco featuring Mozart’s beats. The Night of Museums has been so popular with the people of Warsaw from the very beginning that there is no need to convince anyone of the advantages of this event. Therefore, we allowed ourselves to prepare a very subjective TOP3 of the attractions:
- Visiting the only Warsaw fallout shelter in Huta Warszawa. This is the only shelter and the only opportunity to see it – and admittedly, since the beginning of the war in Ukraine, it has been the most googled facility in Warsaw. Guided tours start at full hours from14:00 to 20:00. Registration is required at www.schron-hw.pl.
- Building an art installation in Otwarta Pracownia Jazdów. We will put together a night-themed piece and everyone will be able to vent their creative vision. And then come the next day and proudly state that they are a co-author of one of the Warsaw monuments. Beginning at 11:30. It is necessary to register via the application form.
- In third place, is the most exciting online tour – the Wedel factory. This is the only such opportunity in the year, and Wedel has indeed been working a lot recently to return to the collective consciousness as a company with a Warsaw origin (we are talking about TVN’s series “Receptura”). You can enjoy the tour at wedel.pl/sladami-wedlow/wirtualny-spacer-po-fabryce.
The full program of the Night of Museums 2022 can be found here.
2) Millennium Docs Against Gravity
It is already the 19th edition of the largest documentary film festival in the capital. The program includes over 170 unique films from around the world, Q&A sessions with the most important documentary filmmakers, workshops, discussion panels, a music part, and open-air shows. Our favorites this year are:
- “Navalny” – awarded by the audience of the Sundance festival, which is a record of real events in the life of the most famous Russian opposition activist.
- “I get knocked down” about the Chumbawamba band – authors of the iconic “Tubthumping”. What’s more, Dunstan Bruce, one of the group’s leaders, will play a DJ set at Cafe Kulturalna.
- “Behind the door of the Uffizi Gallery”, which will take us to the famous Florentine Medici Treasury.
After the festival screenings in cinemas are over, all films will be available on the mdag.pl platform until June 5th.
when: from Friday, May 13, to Sunday, May 22,
where: Kinoteka, Kino Muranów, Kino Atlantic, Kino Elektronik, Kino Luna, POLIN Museum
3) Juwenalia season is on!
Exam session is nigh, May is blooming outside the window – these are clear signs that the high season for students’ festivals is on. Every student and ex-student knows that the most important thing is to attend some juwenalia, no matter which really. The fun is phenomenal everywhere. Here’s what will happen in the coming weeks:
- On May 13 and 14, the party begins for the students of the Warsaw University of Technology. At the Syrenki Stadium, there will be concerts by Wilki, Stachursky, Bracia Figo Fagot, and Lady Pank. Tickets for 30, 35, and 40 PLN; FB event.
- On May 14, SGH is having fun. In the Rector’s Gardens, there will be concerts by Bitamina, Holak, and Zalia. Tickets for 25 and 30 PLN; FB event.
- On May 20, combined forces of UKSW, MUW, APS, and AWF invite us to Olympia stadium where the stage will host, among others, Kęka, Brodka, and Zalewski. Tickets for 20, 30, or 40 PLN; FB event.
- On June 3 and 4, the season will end with an event on the campus of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences. There will be concerts by TEDE, Kartky and Piękni i Młodzi. Tickets for 10 and 20 PLN; FB event.
4) The Chopin Concerts in Łazienki
We waited two long years and they are finally back! Even if you never listen to classical music, believe that there is no more relaxing and at the same time moving musical event in Warsaw than the weekly concerts by the Chopin monument. There is something simply magical about sitting on the lawn among the Warsaw crowd and daydreaming with outstanding pianists painting Mazovian with Chopin’s. You have to experience it at least once, preferably once a week. It is worth noting that this will be the 63rd season of the event, so we are dealing with a real icon of Warsaw weekends. The concerts are scheduled for every Sunday from May 15 to the end of September at 12:00 and 16:00.
5) WOW Wine Fest
Poland is proud of our craft beers. Apparently, we produce over 1,000 new beers every year. But one does not live by beer alone. It’s time to delve into the world of wine and stronger distillates (you probably don’t need to convince anyone who watches Robert Makłowicz’s programs on a regular basis). Before us are two days of tasting, chillout, great food, music, workshops, and bargains. We can expect rare brands of craft alcohol and wine by the glass and bottles at festival prices. We are interested in distillate workshops, during which we will learn about modern methods of producing traditional spirits such as vodka, spirit or gin. And if, nevertheless, beer is number one in your ranking – Craft Fest will be held simultaneously and you will find the best breweries there.
when: Saturday and Sunday, May 14 and 15, from 11:00 to 21:00
where: Powiśle Power Plant – ul. Dobra 42
6) Holidays in Sicily with yoga and kites
We also remind you about our kitesurfing and yoga trip to Sicily. We are flying there for eight days: from 2 to 9 July. We will be based in BirgiVecchi – a charming village with amazing kite conditions. We are sleeping in studio apartments with local hosts. The daily schedule will open with yoga practice with our favorite teacher – Dominika Gryz, and then kitesurfing at Rock’n’Ride Camp. There will be one more yoga session in the evening to regenerate the body and mind. In the meantime, we will be serving Italian delicacies made on the spot, from local products. We will also go on trips. Register today, tell your friends, and let’s go!
All information and the registration form can be found at the FB event.
Especially for you, we have extended the registration of participants until the end of May.
To find the best places for summer walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of the 35 Amazing Things to do in Warsaw in 2022.