WEEKEND IN WARSAW
MAY 21 – 23
We are bringing you creme de la creme of this weekend’s events: street food, parties, and unobvious shopping. That’s what May weekends should all be about. Dig in to find what will tickle your pickles.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide by email every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
Spring and summer weekend diet is all about street food and this weekend the portfolio will significantly expand thanks to the re-opening of two iconic venues and one local food truck festival. Check out your new dining options below!
- Nocny Market is the new back! brings back outdoor food court beloved by everybody in the city. There will be classics from the previous 5 editions, exciting debutantes, 5 drink bars, redesigned chillout and music zones. We can’t wait for beetroot and goat cheese pizza from Włoski Strajk. It’s an absolute killer. The venue will be open on all Fridays (17:00-01:00), Saturdays (17:00-01:00), and Sundays (17:00 – 23:00) and is located on Dworzec Głowny (ul. Towarowa 3). More on FB event
- Slow Market is your choice when you are partying by the boulevards. It will be open on all Fridays (18:00-02:00), Saturdays (12:00-02:00), and Sundays (12:00 – 22:00). This year it will be located on Płyta Desantu near Pomost 511 and Fala nad Wisłą which ensures that good food will be accompanied by music that will make your legs dance hard. More on FB event.
- In our weekly food truck section, we are going to Rembertów for their Food Truck Festival. It will be open on Friday and Saturday between 11:00 and 21:00, and Sunday from 11:00 to 20:00 in CityMarket Rembertów (ul. Marsa 111). This time after visiting the abovementioned markets, we will probably just opt for desserts such as Thai ice cream and Spanish churros. More on FB event.
It is not a surprise that due to the restrictions still forbidding indoor parties legal clubbing in Warsaw temporarily means being close to the Vistula. We selected the best Friday and Saturday parties for you and here they are:
Friday, May 21, from 21:00
- Dziewczyny x Pomost 511 will bring together Practical Lady (Polish DJ Championships winner and runner up in RedBull Music 3style Championships) and Lucy Monsalve (keen on great ladies’ music) in Pomost 511. FB event
- Guilty Pleasures by Sosia will be a mix of the 80s, 90s, and 00s hits in Fala – Pawilon nad Wisłą. FB event
- Thank’s God It’s Friday may have some problems with English grammar, but will provide tasty beats from DJ ROMI in Szerokie Bary. FB event
Saturday, May 22, from 21:00
- Silent Disco in Fala – Pawilon nad Wisłą is the first event of this kind this year. We can’t miss out on that! The cost of renting the headphones is 20 PLN. FB event
- Warsaw Jungle Massive imports sunny atmosphere straight from Jamaica combined with Jungle rave straight from the UK to Boogaloo Beach Bar. FB event
This weekend is ripe with all kinds of markets, so no matter what it is that you want to purchase, you can bet on finding it in one of the venues below:
- BOOKS of all sorts at discounts can be purchased during the Online Books Fair organized by Empik. The event’s schedule includes several books and CD albums premieres, Q&A sessions with creators, panels with experts, etc. The fair will continue up until June 1, but this weekend we recommend two online meetings with Marlon James (National Booker Award winner for A Brief History of Seven Killings; Saturday, May 22, from 20:00) and Brandon Mull (Whitney Award winner for Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star; Sunday, May 23, from 12:00). You can find the full list of events on the official website. All events will be transmitted on FB event.
- ZERO WASTE products will be the main stars of the Zero Waste Zone in Hala Gwardii (Plac Żelaznej Bramy 1). There you can get your natural cosmetics, belly bags made from old clothes, just as well as participate in soy candles workshops, decorate old jeans with your paintings or talk with upcycling specialists. The event begins on Friday, May 21, at 10:00 and finishes on Sunday, May 23, at 18:00. More on FB event.
- DESIGN is the main theme of Polish Dizajn (Hala Koszyki, ul. Koszykowa 63; Saturday, May 22, from 11:00 to 19:00; FB event) and Summer Again Designs (Elektrownia Powiśle, ul. Dobra 42; Saturday, May 22, from 10:00 to 21:00, and Sunday, May 23, from 11:00 to 18:00; FB event). Both events will offer a wide range of fashion products, accessories, jewelry, and cosmetics. Similarly, both venues are renowned for their food courts.
- PLANTS can be exchanged as a part of the Local Biodiversity Picnic organized on International Biodiversity Day. On Saturday, May 22, between 12:30 and 16:00 there will be a plant exchange zone in Centrum Łowicka on Łowicka 21. In the meantime, you can participate in a panel about urban gardening, cooking unusual plants workshop, or enjoy plant-based dishes from Słuszna Strawa. More on FB event.
For more ideas for spending time with increased social distancing, see WHAT TO DO AT HOME: THE 18 BEST IDEAS FOR BOREDOM DURING A PANDEMIC and to find the best places to go, consult our list of 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.