WEEKEND IN WARSAW
OCTOBER 29 – 31
Get your vampire attire ready, take a splash of fake blood, and let Halloween begin. In #warsawesome, we suggest where to sip on Bacardi, where to score the best delicacies, and how to find a portal to the Mexican Fiesta de Los Muertos. However, if Halloween is not your favorite holiday, we also have a set of completely pumpkin-less and non-scary events ready. Just in case.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
Almost every bar, pub, restaurant, club, and shopping center in Warsaw throws a Halloween party this weekend. Here is our TOP6:
- Squad Game Halloween, where, among others, Young Leosia and Flirtini will present their DJ sets (Praga Centrum – ul. Szwedzka 2/4, Friday, October 29, from 21:00; FB event);
- FOOD HALLoween is an opportunity to hunt down special offers for delicacies in Browary Warszawskie (ul. Haberbuscha i Schielego 2). In the evenings, you will also be able to bounce to DJ sets by Sovinsky and Jerry M (from Friday, October 29, to Sunday, October 31, from 11:00 to 24:00; FB event);
- Halloween in Hala Koszyki (ul. Koszykowa 63) is a prime eat-and-dance option. On Friday, there will be a set by DJ MACU, and on Saturday, DJ PABLO x PUSTO-O will be joined by BUSLAV on the saxophone (Friday and Saturday, October 29 and 30, from 19:00 to 2:00; FB event);
- Halloween Party, where DJ Panda and Otsochodzi will take care of the music. And on top of that, you can score special drinks from Bacardi, (Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42, Saturday, October 30, from 20:00; FB event);
- Wixapol is known as the best uptempo event in the country and guarantees that even an insatiable appetite for dancing will remain satisfied for at least a week. It takes place at Kino Luna (ul. Marszałkowska 28), so there will also be a room with movies (Saturday, October 30th, from 22:00; FB event);
- Fiesta de Los Muertos aka Mexican Halloween wants to attract us with a Latin atmosphere that will dominate the room decorated with colorful skulls and piñatas (DZiK – Belwederska 44a, Saturday, October 30, from 22:00; FB event).
2) Oktoberfest in Progresja
If beer is closer to your heart than pumpkin, we just might have something tailor-made for you. As part of the Oktoberfest, you can take part in a beer quiz, a beer-drinking and running-around-barrels competition, enjoy the services of a barber from Salvador Barbershop, enjoy the delicacies from food trucks, and, above all, drink a few mugs of the best German beer (Paulaner, Loewenbraeu, and Hofbraeu).
when: Friday, October 29, from 19:00 to 24:00
Where: Progresja – Fort Wola 22
3) Chill pill
If you don’t feel like partying or are looking for an unorthodox before, we do have a contingency plan.
- If you’ve seen Fantastic Fungi on Netflix, you know that mycology, or the science of mushrooms, is simply fascinating. The lecture “Why do we need mushrooms” by Agata Jarska, gardener of the Board of Greenery of the Capital City of Warsaw, will tell us what role these organisms play in nature, why they surround us everywhere and at all times, and how to recognize new edible species.
When: Friday, October 29, from 17:30
Where: Kamień. Pawilon Edukacyjny – ul. Wybrzeże Puckie 1
- If you are more interested in plants than mushrooms, the premiere of “I was hoping for peonies” by Zuzanna Głód and Ola Jankowiak is the event for you. The observation of the life of urban gardeners leads to a reflection on the relationship between city dwellers and nature and the place of urban gardens’ communities in the contemporary urban landscape.
When: Sunday, October 31 from 16:00.
Where: Solatorium – ul. Jazdów 3/9
- The Music Market attracts exhibitors and shops from all around the country to showcase thousands of vinyl records, books about music, accessories, and equipment. Of course, we are most interested in promotions and premieres.
When: Saturday, October 30, 11:00 to 20:00, Sunday, October 31, 11:00 to 18:00
Where: Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42
4) Improvisation workshops
In our opinion, improvisation workshops allow you to acquire skills that are useful both privately and professionally. You will learn how to cooperate with a partner, listen and react, and you will build your creativity and self-confidence. This weekend, we can choose between two free events.
- The IMPRO WORKSHOP, led by Agnieszka Matan from the Impro School, takes place as part of the October Women’s Circle and is addressed to women.
When: Friday, October 29, from 19:00
Where: Dom Kultury Włochy – ul. Bolesława Chrobrego 27
- The Improvised Workshops, led by Albert Krach, are carried out as part of the “Mobilni w Kultrze” scholarship from the funds of the Capital City of Warsaw.
When: Saturday and Sunday, October 30 and 31, from 10:00 to 20:00
Where: WERMiK Studio – ul. Ciechocińska 26
To find the best places for summer walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of the 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.