WEEKEND IN WARSAW
SEPTEMBER 17 – 19
Let’s do something good this weekend! World Cleanup Day is bringing us all together to clean the beach under the Poniatowskiego Bridge. And after that, there are concerts galore, guided walks around unknown corners of Warsaw, and numerous city games. Here are the TOP5 events of the upcoming weekend.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) Inauguration of the “Alternatywy” Ursynów Cultural Center
The “Alternatywy” Ursynów Cultural Center has prepared an impressive program for its opening. On Friday, September 17, at 20:00, there will be a concert of an iconic Ursynów rap duo – Płomień 81. On Saturday, September 18, at 18:00, we are getting concerts from a modern big-beat star Ania Rusowicz at 19:30 and the biggest winner of the last Polish Music Awards – the energetic and electrifying Krzysztof Zalewski at 19:30. The last day of the opening weekend will be devoted to the theater. On Sunday, September 19, at 11:00, Teatr Baj and their play – “Who will make the unlucky rhino laugh”, and in the evening, at 18:00, the actors of Teatr Syrena will perform the hit musical “The Addams Family” on the main stage.
When: Friday, September 17 to Sunday, September 19
Where: ul. Indiry Gandhi 9
If Ursynów seems too far, you can go to the Bemowo Days, where Agnieszka Chylińska will perform on Friday, September 17, at 19:00, and Smolasty and Mietek Szcześniak will play on Saturday, September 18, also at 19:00.
When: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 17, 18 and 19
Where: Park Górczewska
2 ) European Heritage Days 2021 – Tastes of Heritage
As part of EHD, local museums, open-air museums, parks, and gardens invite us to sites that are not always accessible to the public on a daily basis. They also offer many other attractions, such as concerts, exhibitions, historical festivals, presentations of dying professions, lectures, art and crafts markets. In this way, they aim to popularize regional traditions and customs. Our TOP5 weekend events of this year’s edition are:
- visiting the Tastes of the People’s Republic of Poland exhibition on Friday, September 17, from 18:00 at the Museum of Life in the People’s Republic of Poland, ul. Piękna 28/34 (more info);
- a walk The Tastes of Warsaw’s Praga on Sunday, September 19, from 12:00 to 14:00, start at ul. Targowa 20B (more info);
- visiting the F. Anczewski Sugar Factory on Saturday, September 18, from 10:00 to 11:00, ul. 11 Listopada 10A (more info);
- city game The trail of pre-war confectioneries and restaurants in Warsaw on Saturday, September 18, from 12:00 to 15:00 (more info);
- open-air exhibition Advertising makes the sales go round open until Thursday, September 30, at the Barbican (more info).
When: until the end of September
Where: multiple locations
The full list of events is available on the EHD website.
3 ) World Cleanup Day 2021
This year’s edition of World Cleanup Day aims to make the city’s favorite beach – Poniatówka – clean again. Invite your friends, come with your family, dog, colleagues from work, etc. and let’s do something great together! Discounts on drinks and great prizes await all of the volunteers.
When: Saturday, September 18, from 12:00
Where: Poniatówka beach
And once we’ve cleaned up, we will be just a few steps away from reaching the Jabłonka-Swawole music and food festival. Throughout the day, we can visit the chillout zone, the market with apple (and not only) delicacies, or a special stand presenting the core idea of the festival, where we can read the unique book titled “Jabłonki”, devoted to the magnetic appeal of traditional Polish flavors and rituals. In the evening, concerts and theater shows await – Bitamina (from 19:00) and Afromental (from 20:00) will perform in the musical part transferred to the National Stadium.
When: Saturday, September 18, from 11:00 to 21:30
Where: Poniatówka beach
4) Grzesiuk Festival 2021
It is time for the annual celebration of the greatest bard of Warsaw! We will immerse ourselves in Varsovian folklore thanks to the city game – Śladami Ferajny 2.0 (on Saturday, September 18, from 12:00), a premiere performance based on the prose of Stanisław Grzesiuk, prepared by Teatr Baza (Saturday, 18 September, at 13:30 and Sunday, September 19, at 15:00), as well as concerts of Warsaw music (on Saturday, September 18, from 16:00 and on Sunday, September 19, from 17:00). All straight from Mokotów!
When: Saturday and Sunday, September 18 and 19, from 11:00 to 22:00
Where: Park Sielecki
5) 25th Science Festival
Every year, throughout the last 10 days of September, over one hundred institutions organize meetings, debates, workshops, and presentations, which voice the scientists’ belief that modern science should be discussed with the society, that knowledge and the latest discoveries should be shared, and that gaining social support for the further development of science in Poland is crucial. Our TOP3 weekend events of this year’s edition are:
- a walk around the Northern District organized by the POLIN Museum on Sunday, September 19, from 11:00 (more info);
- screening of the film “450 kilos of dreams” showing the backstage of the racing track at Tor Służewiec on Sunday, September 19, from 16:00 at ul. Karowa 18 (more info);
- a trip around the garden of the Water Center of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences at ul. Ciszewskiego 6 on Saturday, September 18, at 12:00 (more info).
When: until September 26
Where: multiple locations
The full list of events is available on the festival’s website.
To find the best places for summer walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of the 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.