WEEKEND IN WARSAW
SEPTEMBER 24 – 26
The weekend is going to be perfect for a tasty meal, an inspiring craft workshop, and then an unforgettable concert. All that just to get ready for the fall. We need to build up some winter weight, find a new hobby for long evenings, and create memories from open-air concerts that we will remember until spring. Open Warsawesome, get in touch with your friends and the plan for the next three days is ready!
If you would like to receive our weekend guide every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
We are keeping it nice and simple so we will start the weekend with coffee. This time we will drink it at the Coffee Market, which is the autumn mini version of the Coffee Festival. We will find there the stands of selected coffee brands, a food court, and the Polish Cup Tasters Championship 2021.
When: Friday and Saturday, September 24 and 25, 10:00 to 20:00 and Sunday, September 26, 10:00 to 18:00
Where: Hala Gwardii – Plac Żelaznej Bramy 1
In the meantime or at the end of the day, with full bellies, we can attend TISZ Jewish Food Festival, where we will reflect on how cooking and eating are connected with environmental and social awareness. The festival goes on until Sunday, September 26, and each day invites us to various events. We are keen on the online workshops of kneading dough for challah (Friday, September 24, from 16:30 to 17:00), Come for a bagel! guided walk with tasting (Saturday, September 25, from 13:30) and the Tastes without Borders culinary workshop for families (Sunday, September 26, from 11:00). The full list of events can be found on the festival’s website.
At lunch, we recommend taking the last chance this year for food truck delicacies. We have two events to choose from:
- 5th Gocław Street Food Festival (Friday, September 24, from 15:00 to 20:00, Saturday and Sunday, September 25 and 26, from 12:00 to 20:00), which will take place in Park nad Balatonem. We recommend wraps with Kashubian chickens from the 3miejski Folklor and pretzels from YADAY. FB event;
- Food Truck Rally in Rembertów (Friday and Saturday, September 24 and 25, from 11:00 to 21:00 and Sunday, September 26, from 11:00 to 20:00), which can be found at ul. Pociskowa 4. There we recommend Świder with Jewish cuisine and Meat Pastrami with American sandwiches. FB event.
Then it is time to rest and drink a beer. And for this we will have the best opportunity:
- at the Oktoberfest in Elektrownia Powiśle where we will drink beer from Munich Hofbräu, sold in traditional one-liter mugs called Maßkrug and we will listen to the Silesian Tyrol Band in traditional Tyrolean music. And if we are still a bit hungry, the Food Hall will offer dishes straight from Bavaria (from Friday to Sunday, September 24-26, from 18:00 to 22:00; Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42; FB event);
- at the opening of the Browary Food Hall with premieres of 11 gastronomic concepts, the Central Bar and the Wine Bar (from Friday, September 24, from 17:00; Browary Warszawskie – ul. Haberbuscha i Schielego; FB event).
2) Craft Night 2021
This is the third edition of the initiative addressed to lovers and practitioners of the art of craftsmanship. The Craft Night is a unique festival for people for whom quality, localism and contact with the manufacturer are important. Numerous studios will organize workshops during which the participants will have the opportunity to come into contact with the matter – we will be able to, i.a., make a silver wedding ring, a dream catcher or a microworld closed in a glass vessel (the full list can be found here). We can also visit over 40 craft workshops and the Craft in Process exhibition at Mysia 3.
When: Friday, September 24, to Sunday, September 26
Where: multiple locations
The full list of events is available on the event’s website.
3 ) Concerts, that is all that jazz
Throughout the summer, we used to say that Warsaw sounds with jazz. Not only in summer, it turns out. The best proof of this are two festivals that are worth going to:
- 12th Krzysztof Komeda Film Music Festival (from Sunday, September 26, to Tuesday, September 28, in several locations), which invites us to concerts and premieres of Polish jazz stars and jazz newbies, various exhibitions, film screenings (animation, feature, documentary) with the music of Komeda or about Komeda, in order to present his music in a novel and captivating way. The full list of events is available on the festival’s website.
- Zły Festival (Saturday, September 25, from 12:00 in Ogród Saski), during which we will first listen to the lecture about the life and works of Leopold Tyrmand given by Marcel Woźniak, the author of his biography; and from 17:00 we will be listening to young artists from Warsaw, Lublin, and Katowice presenting both jazz standards and their own original compositions. FB event
4) Bielański Bird Day 2021
There is a district in Warsaw that may also love jazz, but it sounds with bird songs. Bielany, because we are talking about them, celebrate this bond during the annual Bielański Bird Day. What attractions await us there? For example, an ornithological walk in Park Olszyna, workshops on building birdhouses and feeders, falconer shows, and a fair of nature books. This is an event where you can learn a lot, regardless of whether you are a bird expert or a complete amateur.
When: Sunday, September 26, from 11:00 to 15:00
Where: Park Olszyna
5) Polish Radical Culture Festival 2021
According to the organizers of Polski Radykalne, in 2021 Poland we are all radical, whether we like it or not, even though we did not win any revolution, we did not behead any king nor did we conquer any overseas colonies. In this case, they encourage us to look at how such a Poland could look and sound from the perspective of a yard, room, or tavern. It fits perfectly into the trend in popular culture started with the 1983 series, expanded by the novel Cham z kulą w głowie, and soundtracked by Hańba. No wonder then that the program includes a joint performance of Ziemowit Szczerek (author of Cham … ) and Hańba (Friday, September 24, from 20:00 at DZiK).
When: Friday, September 24, to Sunday, September 26
Where: DZiK – ul. Belwederska 44a; Warszawska Świetlica Krytyki Politycznej – ul. Jasna 10; Pardon, To Tu – al. Armii Ludowej 14; Komuna Warszawa – ul. Emilii Plater 31
To find the best places for summer walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of the 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.