WARSAWESOME: YOUR WARSAW WEEKEND GUIDE (September 8-9)
How about joining a mass kayaking trip (300 people) on the Vistula? Or perhaps you are looking for something less adventurous?
1) Wioślana Masa Krytyczna (mass kayaking)
You may have heard of the Warsaw Critical Mass, a massive bike ride in the streets of Warsaw where hundreds of people join the ride.
The Wioślana Masa Krytyczna is a similar thing but on water! Join 300 people on the Vistula River and kayak 14 km from the Plaża Romantyczna (Wawer) to the Rusałka beach (ZOO).
When: Saturday 8 from 10:00 to 14:00
Where: Plaża Romantyczna
Price: 5 PLN
2) Vistula Festival in white and red colors
A day full of attractions on the Vistula:
Near the Copernicus Science Center:
- Three professional slackliners will walk over several hundred meters of tape, stretched across the Vistula.
- You can try slackline yourself. You won’t be asked to cross the Vistula.
- Skimboarding (similar to surf) demonstrations.
- Free boat trips.
- Wakeboard shows
On the Poniatówka beach:
- games and competitions,
- Demonstrations from the PCK Rescue Group
Rusałka / Zoo beach:
- try Stand Up Paddleboarding, popularly known as SUP.
When: Saturday 8 from 13:00
Where: Several locations along the Vistula
Give your old stuff a second life to EcoPicnik!
You can expect furniture renovation workshops, computer repair workshops, composting workshops and much more.
When: Saturday and Sunday, from 10:00 to 18:00
Where: Multimedia Fountain Park in Warsaw
4) Meeting with Tai-chi Master Chen ZiQiang
Head to the “Muzeum Azji i Pacyfiku” and meet Chen ZiQiang, the eldest son of 19th generation Taijiquan lineage holder Chen XiaoXing.
When: Saturday 8 from 19:00 to 20:00
Where: Solec 24, Warsaw
5) International Amputee Football Cup
Six national teams from Poland, Netherlands, Ukraine, England, Russia, and Italy will challenge each other. This will be the last test before the world cup in Guadalajara, Mexico.
When: Saturday and Sunday
Where: Obroncow Tobruku 11, Warsaw
6) The fascinating world of Spiders and Scorpions
Among the more than 40 living specimens presented at the exhibition, you will see the “black widow” (Latrodectus mactans), the “imperial scorpion” (Pandinus imperator) and the largest spider in the world by mass and size (Theraphosa blondi).
When: Until October 11th (from 10:00 to 19:00)
Where: Palace of Culture and Science
Price: 18 PLN
7) Mokotów – now! photographic competition
The aim of the competition is to collect the most interesting photos of contemporary Mokotów and its inhabitants.
- GRAND PRIX – PLN 2500
- Category – Urban portrait: 1° PLN 1500, 2° PLN 1000, 3° PLN 600,
- Category – Street photography: 1° PLN 1500, 2° 1000 PLN, 3° 600 PLN,
- Category – Photo report / photo set: 1° 1700 PLN, 2° 1200 PLN, 3° 800 PLN,
- Category – Analogue photography: 1° 1500 PLN, 2° 1000 PLN, 3° 600 PLN,
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 9 September 2018, at 23:59
8) Lokal Vegan Bistro & Pogłos grilling for Znajdek
Lokal Vegan Bistro and Pogłos invite you to a grill. The entire profit will be allocated to the Znajdki foundation.
When: Sunday 9 from 14:00 to 20:00
Where: Burakowska 12, Warsaw
9) International Cat Show
An occasion to see many beautiful and rare breeds of cats.
When: Saturday & Sunday (from 10:00 to 16:00)
Where: Marymoncka 34, Warsaw
10) Charity Run with Dogs
Bring your dog and run 5 or 10 km through the forest. If you don’t have a dog, the organizers can find you a furry running partner from the shelter “Schronisko Na Paluchu” (message them in advance).
All earnings will go to the charity “Fundacja Argos”.
When: Sunday 9 from 09:00 to 16:00
Where: Mieczysława Pożaryskiego 2, Warsaw
Price: 40 PLN
11) We read Harry Potter/Czytamy Harrego Pottera
A person with good English accent will read the first chapter in English out loud and then another person will read the same chapter in Polish. Then the next chapter and so on. The other participants can sit and listen. A good occasion to learn both English and Polish.
When: Saturday 8 from 11:00 to 12:30
Where: GPS: 52.190963, 21.028324
FOOD EVENTS AND MARKETS
- Targ Śniadaniowy na Żoliborzu
- Slow Market na Placu Zabaw
- Warsaw JAM & CHAI. Intercultural picnic
- Craft Ice Cream Festival
Check all the (past) Warsaw Weekend Guides here.