WEEKEND IN WARSAW
OCTOBER 1 – 3
The opening weekend of October is the time to enjoy festivals. We have handpicked the most interesting events at 4 large arts festivals, the best food at food truck festivals, we remind you about Oktoberfest and recommend festivities with the best DJ in the city. We invite you to a weekly dose of the most interesting events of the upcoming weekend.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) Warsaw Studio Cinemas Week
We encourage everyone who loves cinema, Warsaw and places that make up the film traditions of the capital to participate in the first edition of the Warsaw Studio Cinemas Week. We are getting a number of interesting events: pre-premiere screenings, lectures, exhibitions, meetings, discussions, tours, as well as shows of archival black and white materials, newsreels and Polish cinema classics. Tickets for selected screenings cost 15PLN. Admission to the rest of the events is free. We are most excited with:
- pre-premiere screening of”Bergman Island” (Friday, October 1, at 20:30 at NoveKino Atlantic, ul. Chmielna 33)
- historical tour of Warsaw studio cinemas part 1 (Saturday, October 2, at 11:00, meeting at Kino Wisła, Plac Wilsona 2) and part 2 (Sunday, October 3, at 11:00, meeting at Kino Luna, ul. Marszałkowska 28)
- pre-premiere screening of “Vortex” (Sunday, October 3, at 20:30 in Kinoteka, Plac Defilad 1)
When: from Thursday, September 30, to Thursday, October 7
The following studio cinemas take part in the festival: Amondo, Atlantic, Elektronik, Kinoteka, Kultura, Luna, Muranów, NoveKino Wisła, Stacja Falenica, U-Jazdowski
2) 9th Festival of Culture Without Barriers
YOU CAN BE CLOSE! is the motto of the Culture Without Barriers Festival – a 10-day celebration of culture accessible to all. We can expect festival performances, film screenings, exhibitions, walks, meetings and workshops, made accessible with subtitles for the deaf, translations into Polish sign language, audio description, induction loops, or the help of festival assistants. The program will also include events that meet the needs of participants in the autism spectrum. These are the 3 events that caught our eyes
- online broadcast of TR Warszawa’s performance Stream (Friday, October 1, between 19:00 and 20:00)
- intergenerational DJ workshops (Teatr Guliwer, ul. Różana 16, Saturday, October 2, from 14:30 to 16:30; registration required)
- visiting the exhibition Close to Taste and Printing (Warsaw Printing Museum, ul. Ząbkowska 23/15, Saturday, October 2, at 14:00 and 16:00)
The full list of events can be found on the festival website.
When: from Thursday, September 30, to Sunday, October 10
Where: various locations
3) Warsaw Gallery Weekend 2021
The 11th edition of the largest annual festival of new art in Poland, held in private galleries of contemporary art, will open the doors to exhibitions in 31 galleries and the workshops of over 95 artists. We especially recommend:
- Rafał Milach’s Strike at the Galeria Jednośćć, at ul. Anders 13
- Identities. Affiliation, difference, gesture at Biuro Wystaw, ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 16/18 lok. 4
- WARSAW, PARIS, ŁÓDŹ, KOLUSZKI, BERLIN and other passages by Andrzej Paruzel in the ESTA Gallery, at Aleje Jerozolimskie 51
The full list of events is available on the event website.
When: from Thursday, September 30, to Sunday, October 3
Where: various locations
We will go to Wola to have a vegetable cuisine delicacy and buy a vinyl record – you can be sure that the meeting will taste, smell, feel, and sound great.
When: Sunday, October 3, from 12:00 to 20:00
Where: Progresja – Fort Wola 22
When it comes to our favorite food trucks, the season ends with festivals:
- in Bemowo (Friday, October 1, from 15:00 to 20:00, Saturday and Sunday, October 2 and 3, from 12:00 to 20:00), which will take place in Park Górczewska. There we recommend the shish kebabs from Szaszłykarnia and pretzels from YADAY; FB event
- in Międzylesie (Friday and Saturday, October 1 and 2, from 11:00 to 21:00 and Sunday, October 3, from 11:00 to 20:00), which can be found at KS ZWAR at Pożaryskiego 10. We recommend Jewish cuisine and Meat Pastrami with American sandwiches. FB event
We also recommend the second edition of the Oktoberfest in Elektrownia Powiśle where we will drink beer from Munich Hofbräu, sold in traditional one-liter mugs called Maßkrug and we will listen to the Silesian Tyrol Band in traditional Tyrolean music. And if we are still a bit hungry, the Food Hall will offer dishes straight from Bavaria (from Friday to Sunday, from October 1 to October 3, from 18:00 to 22:00; Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42; FB event).
If you prefer whiskey, go to Whiskey Live Warsaw. Nearly 50 exhibitors from around the world will present a dedicated offer of several hundred premium alcohol brands – mainly whiskey, but also gin, rums, tequilas, armagnacs, bourbons or wine and vodka. (from Friday to Saturday, October 1 and 2, from 15:00 to 21:00, Centrum Praskie Koneser; FB event).
5) Warsaw off ART 2021
The 4th edition of the Independent International Festival of Independent Contemporary Art will present nearly sixty Artists from all over the world who break the mold combining various styles of technology, humor, and expression. All artists share an excellent artistic level and a remarkable approach to all techniques, from painting, through sculpture, installation, photography and artistic poster, to audio and viral art. With their creativity they prove right the motto of this year’s edition of the Festival: “Art is not a crime“. A separate opening is planned for each festival venue. In each of them, there are planned meetings with the creators, original tours, artistic events and joint afterparty.
When: from Thursday, September 30 to Sunday, October 3
Where: Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42; Hala Gwardii – Plac Żelaznej Bramy 1; Art in House – Aleje Jerozolimskie 107
Our favorite DJ Lunateque (Mr Lizard) returns with carefully selected pearls of Britpop/BritRock, indie, New Wave, electropop, punk, ska, glam rock and everything else that can bring the desired respite to all the looms that dance to his medicinal music.
When: Friday, October 1 from 22:00
Where: SPATiF – Aleje Ujazdowskie 45
To find the best places for summer walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of the 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.