CHRISTMAS IN WARSAW
DECEMBER 24 – 26
We wish you a gentle Christmas, joyful warmth in your hearts and pleasant satiety in your stomachs. Christmas means meetings with family and friends will be the highlights of the weekend, but you may want to go out somewhere together. For such instances, we have prepared the TOP4 Christmas attractions that will welcome you with open arms.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) Illumination and light shows
There is something soothing about an afternoon stroll through illuminated streets or park paths. That and the fact that a walk will only work up your appetite. Therefore, for relaxation and healthcare purposes, we recommend taking a walk in the following places:
- Nowy Świat and Krakowskie Przedmieście up to Plac Zamkowy, which light up as the official Illumination of Warsaw;
- University of Warsaw Botanical Garden with Lumagica illumination (more info);
- The Botanical Garden in Powsin, where the Peter Pan’s Garden of Lights awaits (more info);
- Wilanów Park with the local Royal Garden of Light (more info);
- Multimedia Fountain Park, where from Friday to Sunday at full hours from 16:00 to 20:00 you can admire the winter laser show.
2) Sauna Wisła
Sauna Wisła will welcome you during the holidays. You can enjoy the sauna with a view of the river and its nature from 6:00 to 24:00, just remember to book in advance. There is also a relaxation area with fresh juices, kombucha, healthy snacks, and infrared beds that reduce muscle tension. A great place for late morning/early afternoon relaxation.
Where: Czerniakowski Port
3) Ice rinks
The whole family can go ice skating. After all, what brings people closer than having fun together. Non-skaters can always take the opportunity to drink mulled wine or cocoa. The appetite will only get stronger after the exercises, so even the biggest pot of bigos will not be safe. On December 24 and 26, these three ice rinks will be open:
- Praska Ślizgawka in Centrum Praskie Koneser, more info;
- Rynek Starego Miasta, more info;
- Figlowisko, next to Metro Natolin, more info.
4) Warsaw VOD
Obviously, something to watch in a large group, after a feast, over a cup of coffee, will come in handy. The vod.warszawa.pl platform is a database of films, recordings of theater plays and concerts. The repertoire includes interesting productions of Warsaw cultural institutions, for example, “Pilots” musical from Teatr Roma, “Kapitan Żbik” from Teatr Syrena, and Chopin concerts from the Łazienki Park.
To find the best places for summer walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of the 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.