WEEKEND IN WARSAW
NOVEMBER 11 – 14
Fall break is a thing! There is a long autumn holiday ahead of us and nothing shall stop us from savoring it. It will get pleasant, interesting, and delicious. Let’s go to concerts, exhibitions, workshops or parties. After all, this holiday is about freedom. Where to enjoy it? Here are our recommendations.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) Independence Day
Celebrating the most important state holiday in the country should be an opportunity to reflect on the history, present-day, and future of the country. We are partial to artistic perspective rather than marches, walks, and parades. So here are our top picks:
- an excursion to the Milusin Manor – the home of the Piłsudski family where you can visit the permanent exhibition of the museum. In addition, you can take part in telegraphing workshops. The best way to get there is to take Koleje Mazowieckie to the Sulejówek station, and from there you can get to the museum by a 10-minutes walk.
when: Thursday, November 11, from 10:00 to 19:00
where: Museum of Jozef Pilsudski in Sulejówek – al. Piłsudskiego 29, Sulejówek
- If you prefer to visit a museum, but don’t want to leave Warsaw, then the Royal Łazienki Park is worth a visit. We write about museums available free of charge in point 4. Moreover, from 13:00, there will be a ceremonial horse parade of cavalrymen with the reenactment of Marshal Józef Piłsudski’s ride. After 14:00 we can observe a demonstration of cavalry training, fencing, and the use of white weapons on horseback. At 17:00, the white and red illumination of the Palace on the Isle will begin.
when: Thursday, November 11, from 10:00
Where: Łazienki Królewskie
- The Niepodległa Festival is primarily about concerts. You can come to see performances by Bitamina, Dawid Kwiatkowski, Paweł Domagała, and Grubson. Apart from that, Krakowskie Przedmieście will be filled with music, dance, retro cars, horse carriages parades. Brass Bands will play from the balconies. We are also interested in the “National Symbols” poster workshops and regional dance workshops. The organizers also prepared an urban game.
When: Thursday, November 11, from 13:00 to 20:00
where: Krakowskie Przedmieście
- The ŚwietujMY! project looks promising. First, at 11:15, we will sing independence songs with Ferajna z Hoovera, known for their street performances. From 17:00, we can practice pre-war dances under the supervision of trainers from the Academy of Traditional Dances. You absolutely want to stay awhile after the training for the concert of Warszawskie Combo Taneczne (from 20:00).
when: Thursday, November 11
where: Niepodległa. Miejsce Spotkań – al. Ujazdowskie 4
- If Spring Break smells like barbecue, Fall Break should smell like latte and spicy autumn tea. The Coffee and Tea Festival will be an excellent opportunity to replenish your supplies. It will take place simultaneously with the Chocolate Festival & Cocoa Celebration. There you can take part in the mystical cocoa ceremony. Rumor has it, there’s nothing like it in the food world.
When: Saturday and Sunday, 13 and 14 November, from 12:00 to 18:00
Where: Palace of Culture and Science
FB event (Chocolate Festival)
FB event (Coffee and Tea Festival)
- We are asking you to be mindful of your needs during the Fall Break and to give yourself a moment of rest and pleasure. Polish Nature Beauty Days are dedicated to people who care what they eat and what they surround themselves with. We can find there a cosmetics fair, face yoga classes, and workshops at the Composition Academy.
When: Saturday and Sunday, November 13 and 14, from 10:00 to 21:00
Where: Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42
- If you want to give a present to your dog or cat, Market for the Fluffies will be the best opportunity. In one place you will find suckles, food, leashes, collars, lairs, clothes, and very interesting lectures on nutrition, health, and behavior of pets.
When: Sunday, November 14, from 11:00 to 18:00
Where: MYSIA 3 – ul. Mysia 3
- As part of the 8th International I.J. Paderewski Festival, Dorota Miśkiewicz invited the Atom String Quartet to cooperate. Individual themes from Paderewski’s works inspire musicians to develop them in the form of free improvisation using the language of jazz. Polish art at its best.
When: Saturday, November 13, from 19:00
Where: PROM Kultury Saska Kępa – ul. Brussels 23
- concert of this year’s edition of the International Piano Festival ” Chopin in the heart of Warsaw ” listen At the second concert of this year’s edition of the International “Chopin in the heart of Warsaw” Piano Festival we will listen to Kamila Sacharzewski – the Grand Prix winner of several international piano festivals.
When: Saturday, November 13, from 18:00
Where: Kościół ewangelicko-augsburski Świętej Trójcy – Plac Małachowskiego
4) Open November at royal residences
Throughout the month, free tickets to permanent and temporary exhibitions as well as special events – meetings, lectures, conferences, workshops, and guided tours await in the royal residences of the capital. The participating venues are as follows:
- The Royal Castle (Plac Zamkowy 4) – where you can see the permanent exhibition and temporary exhibitions. We recommend “Albums of prof. Stanisław Lorentz” documenting the history of the castle reconstruction. In addition, there will be lectures titled: “Jubilee – traces of reconstruction”, “Roberto Longhi – scholar and collector” and “Caravaggio” Supper with Emmaus “from 1606: between realism and the sacred” and an academic conference dedicated to “The Royal Castle in Warsaw in the interwar period – space state, diplomatic and residential.” more info
- The Royal Łazienki Museum, which opens the door to the Palace on the Isle, the Old Orangery, the Myślewicki Palace, the Kantonistów Barracks, and the Kubicki Stables. The exhibition “Chocim 1621” is also available until the end of the month. more info
- King Jan III’s Palace in Wilanów (ul. Stanisława Kostki Potockiego 10/16), with special guided walks and workshops, e.g. weekend guided tours focusing on the history and interior design of the palace, and three thematic walks that will take us on a journey into the world of porcelain, plants, and animals. more info
Why won’t you try learning something new? The best opportunities to do that present themselves at:
- painting workshop titled “Change the world through painting” – the organizers promise to stimulate the deposits of creativity, regardless of the artistic level we represent.
When: Saturday, November 13, from 13:00
Where: Dunaj. Instytut Dialogu – ul. Chmielna 26/22
- the third edition of the “Deconstruction of events” project titled “Ecology in the field of culture”. At 16:00, workshops on building permaculture begin. We will learn about cultivation that respects the resources it uses, cares about the quality of the relationships it arranges, and the biodiversity of the garden. After the workshops, from 18:00, we can take part in a discussion panel with experts. From 20:00, we will participate in a concert of VqrV.
When: Sunday, November 14, from 13:00
Where: Dom Kultury Świt – ul. Wysocki 11
Our favorite DJ Lunateque is coming to Warsaw to mesmerize us with a mixture of Britpop/BritRock, “indie”, New Wave, electropop, punk, ska, glam rock, and anything else that can bring the desired healing effect.
When: Friday, November 12, from 22:00
Where: SPATiF Club – al. Ujazdowskie 45
To find the best places for summer walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of the 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.