WARSAWESOME ON STRIKE:
A GUIDE TO SAFE STRIKING AT THE WEEKEND
This time, we have prepared a guide for the weekend of protests after the decision of the Constitutional Tribunal to restrict the abortion law. Here, you will find everything you need to know to actively and safely participate in a strike.
If you want to receive our weekend guide by email, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) Strike on Friday
Check the official FB event to stay updated.
There will be some accompanying events, too. For example:
- Las Transparentów, you can add your banner to a community installation at the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw (Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie 22) from 21:00 on Friday
- Techno Blokada #2 aka dance together to techno rhythms,
- Zamiast Dziadów będą Baby! Noc Czarownic, when we will be sending fire signals to heaven.
2) Online Events
Sign the appeal against restricting the abortion law here.
Remote blockade means sending e-mails with objections to the decisions of the Constitutional Tribunal to deputies, MPs, and judges of the Tribunal. You will find a detailed explanation of how and what to do in the event description,
The Very Worried Choir aims at creating a music video for the cover of “Bella Ciao” with the lyrics byŁaja Glass. You can participate by recording your own performance of this song. Then all the voices will be put together into unison and premiere on YouTube.
3) Posters and Visuals
These strikes stand out visually, musically and lyrically. Below you will find links with graphic inspirations.
- posters by Ogólnopolsk Strajk Kobiet
- “to jest wojna” Dropbox
- “WyPISdalać” by Marta Frej
- posters by Magda Danaj
- Pogotowie Graficzne (FB)
- posters by Wysokie Obcasy
4) Legal Aid
If you need legal aid due to participating in a strike, lawyers offer free services.
- Kolektyw Antyrepresyjny Szpila: 722 196 139
- ObyPomocy: 576-161-505
Here you will find a guide prepared by lawyers from the University of Wrocław (English version at the bottom of the page).
5) Money Donations
You can support the cause by making donations to NGOs.
- donate to Strajk Kobiet
- donate to Abortion Dream Team, a team that will assist those in need of an abortion
- donate to Fundacja Dziewuchy Dziewuchom
- donate to Centrum Praw Kobiet
- donation for the loudspeakers for Strajk Kobiet
- WESPRZYJ#WYPIERDALAĆ – Gazeta Wyborcza will donate all their revenue from digital subscriptions sold this week to Ogólnopolski Strajk Kobiet
6) Protesting in the streets 101
- Put on a mask and respect social distancing.
- If you feel unwell or have symptoms of illness, stay home.
- Remember to have a charged phone, water, ID card, and a disinfectant.
- It is a good idea to have milk with you to wash your eyes if tear gas is used.
- Save the legal aid number on your phone and write it on your arm.
- Go on strike with your friends. If you are going there alone, let somebody know about it.
- Check the list of events published by Ogólnopolski Strajk Kobiet (FB).
For inspirations on what to do when while social distancing, check what out our list of Top Things To Do While Stuck at Home.
But this Friday – let’s strike.