WEEKEND IN WARSAW
The last weekend of the summer holidays! Outdoor dance floors, cinemas and yoga, and even a Harvest Festival in Powsin are open to those who want to celebrate out in the open. Those of us who are already indoors, preparing for fall, can enjoy the final concert of Męskie Granie 2021 and Nowe Horyzonty Film Festival online or can attend Loesje workshops. What to do, where and when to be in search of ultimate weekend pleasures – this is what Warsawesome is about.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) Męskie Granie 2021 Grand Finale
The most exciting event of the weekend will take place in Żywiec, but we can still be there without leaving Warsaw. The final concert of the Męskie Granie 2021 will be broadcast online. The line-up, as every year, comprises creme de la creme of Polish contemporary music: MIUOSH, Natalia Przybysz, Ralph Kaminsky, Zalewski and Meskie Granie Orkiestra 2021 featuringf Daria Zawiałow, Dawid Podsiadło, Vito Bambino.
when: Saturday, August 28, from 18:00
2) 18th Singer’s Warsaw Festival
The festival celebrating Jewish culture and heritage enters its last days. This week, the program includes a musical guided walk, art workshops, film screenings, and concerts.
When: until Sunday, 29 August
3) Open-air cinemas and theaters
The open-air screenings are drawing to an end. They will run from Wednesday to Sunday at 21:00 and/or 21:30 until September 2. You can find all the details on the Filmowa Stolica Lata website.
These two places are also slowly closing for the year::
- Browary Warszawskie (ul. Krochmalna 59) will close the outdoor cinema with “The Wolf of Wall Street” on Sunday, August 29, at 21:00; FB event
- It is also worth going to Browary for a silent disco that kicks off on Saturdays at 21:00; FB event
- Elektrownia Powiśle (ul. Dobra 42) invites you to four more shows as part of open-air cinema on Tuesdays and Saturdays at 19:30; FB event
Until Sunday, August 29, there is also the Nowe Horyzonty 2021 film festival, where you can watch film premieres on the VOD platform.
- Last chance to visit the Academy of Fine Arts and see the final works of the 27th International Poster Biennale. It is the oldest and one of the most significant art events in the world dedicated exclusively to posters, often referred to as the Poster Olympics. This year, there are works from as many as two competitions to see. The Main Competition is not thematically profiled, and the Thematic Competition specifically problematizes “The changing world and health”.
When: until Saturday, August 28, from 10:00 to 18:00
Where: Czapski Palace – Krakowskie Przedmieście 5
- Loesje creative writing workshops will be held in the Enchanted Garden in Jazdów. We had the pleasure of participating in such classes and we sincerely recommend it. They develop mindfulness and precision in word selection by playing with language and its ambiguities. And these are skills that can then be used both in flirting and at work.
When: Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, at 16:30
Where: Zaczarowany Ogród – ul. Jazdów 3/17
- The Powsin Harvest Festival is a rare opportunity to see a colorfully dressed in regional costumes merrily singing procession with harvest wreaths. The uniqueness of the whole event is bolstered by the folklore performances of the Wilanów Cultural Center bands and the invited guests from Poland and abroad. The Center is one of the few city institutions that popularize the old rural customs of Warsaw.
When: Sunday, August 29, from 11:30
Where: Dom Pracy Twórczej – ul. Ptysiowa 3
- Dance on the Vistula Boulevards is an opportunity to finally learn traditional Polish dances. After an hour of workshops with Piotr Zgorzelski, there will be a live music dance with the WoWakin Trio band on the Vistula River, and then the event will move to Chata Numinosum (ul. Jazdów 3/5) for the afterparty. And why not get even a gist of obereks, polkas, mazurkas, and kujawiaks?
When: Saturday, August 28, from 17:00.
Where: next to Pomnik Syreny
- Vintage Shopping Days are a true celebration of second-hand fashion (and not only). At the stands, you will find clothes, accessories, jewelry, handicraft, vinyl recordings, and books.
When: Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, from 10:00 to 20:00
Where: Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42
- At the Neighborhood Plant Exchanger, you can get new plants or leave for adoption ones that no longer can stay in your collection. It’s all about sharing!
When: Sunday, August 29, from 10:00 to 15:00
Where: Plac Konstytucji 4
- The Urban Festival in Pasaż Wiecha this week invites to photography workshops, intergenerational dancing, and culinary workshops for children.
When: Friday, August 27 from 10.00 and Saturday, August 28, from 11.00
Where: Pasaż Wiecha
5) Jazz in Warsaw
This is the last week of weekly jazz festivals in the capital. Let us reward the artists and organizers with a high turnout in thanks for the city resounding with excellent music throughout the summer:
- Stefano Bollani will perform at the Jazz in the Old Town festival. In 2007, he was recognized as the best jazzman in Europe as the winner of the Hans Koller European Jazz Prize. The concert of his trio will end this year’s edition of the festival.
When: Saturday, August 28, from 19:00
Where: Old Town Square
- Dreszer Jazz Festival invites you to this year’s last concert in the nostalgic surroundings of Park Dreszera. featuring The Warsaw Dixielanders.
When: Saturday, August 28, from 17:00
Where: Park Dreszera
- Dziedziniec Kultury will present the winners of the Zaśpiewajmy.pl vocal competition. The debutants will be accompanied on stage by Krzysztof Cugowski and Natalia Kukulska.
When: Friday, August 27, from 20:30
Where: ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 15/17
- Dziedziniec Nowy Świat invited ShataQS famous for her distinctive etno-soul sound and inspiring lyrics.
When: Saturday, August 28, from 19:00
Where: ul. Nowy Świat 6/12
6) Water sports
If you like water sports, there are a few more places in Warsaw where you can do it for free. You’d better hurry, though, because the season is coming to an end.
- free canoe rental at Lake Kamionkowskie and Lake Balaton in Praga Południe. Open from Thursday to Sunday. You just need to register on this site.
- free canoe rental on the Vistula – registration at +48 606 225 863;
- free catamaran cruises from the Młociny Harbor. Saturdays and Sundays at 10:00, 11:15, and 12:30. You just need to register on this site.
- a free guided cruise on the Vistula River is available on Saturdays and Sundays at 15:00 and 17:00. You just need to register on this site.
- city kayak game combines water sports with urban education. You just need to register on this site
7 ) Outdoor Yoga
These are the last weeks to get outdoor yoga off this year’s bucket list. Here you will find verified and recommendable free practices:
- Yoga and gongs is an hour of yoga and an hour-long concert of bowls and gongs. Deep relaxation guaranteed; Saturday, August 28, from 17:00, DOK Ursynów, ul. Kajakowa 12b, FB event
- Bodyart on the grass
Royal Gardens in front of the Royal Castle, Saturdays at 10:30; FB event
- Yoga in the park
ParkŻeromskiego , Fridays at 17:00; FB event
Prochownia Żoliborz, Saturdays and Sundays at 10:00; FB event
Park Moczydło, Saturdays at 10:00; FB event
Park Przy Bażantarni, Saturdays at 10:00; FB event
Pole Mokotowskie, Sundays at 10:00; FB event
Park Sowińskiego, Sundays at 10:00; FB event
Służew Culture House (Jana Sebastiana Bacha 15) , Sundays at 12:00
- by the Vistula River
Rusałka Beach, Saturdays at 12:00 and Sundays at 20:00; FB event
Lunapark (Wał Miedzeszyński 407), Saturdays at 15:00;
Żoliborz Beach (Wybrzeże Gdyńskie 2), Sundays at 10:30; FB event
8) Weekend classics
The weekend classics include:
- Praga Centrum is where you can feel as if you were at a summer festival. There are silent discos, fashion shows, handicraft and art markets, etc. All that plus drink bars and food trucks and at least 3 major concerts a week. This week’s line-up presents various hip-hop artists: Oki, Rasmentalism, Fukaj and Szczyl. There will also be a streetwear market – boots, sweatshirts, pants, jackets. (Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, 10:00 to 16:00); FB event).
When: every day
Where: ul. Szwedzka 2/4
More on FB page.
- OFF Brzeska is a place to buy local produce, savor mouth-watering street food, and bounce to cool live beats. All this in the surroundings of an iconic marketplace – Bazar Różyckiego. The venue’s classic set that we wholeheartedly recommend comprises pyzy (a type of dumplings) and a shot of ice-cold vodka. On Sunday, August 29, from 13:00 to 20:00 you can also go there for the Bread and Fish Festival (FB event)
When: Fridays (17:00-1:00), Saturdays (17:00-2:00) and Sundays (13:00-20:00)
Where: OFF Brzeska – ul. Brzeska 25
More on FB page
- Nocny Market is a food court beloved by everybody in the city. There will be classics from the previous 5 editions, exciting debutantes, 5 drink bars, redesigned chillout, and music zones.
When: Fridays and Saturdays (17:00-1:00), Sundays (17:00-23:00)
Where: Dworzec Główny – ul. Towarowa 3
More on FB page.
- Wielka Uczta nad Wisłą is your choice when you are partying by the boulevards. This year it will be located on Płyta Desantu near Pomost 511 and Fala nad Wisłą which ensures that good food will be accompanied by music that will make your legs dance hard.
When: Fridays (18:00-2:00), Saturdays (12:00-2:00) and Sundays (12:00-22:00)
Where: Płyta Desantu
More on FB page
To find the best places for summer walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of the 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.