WEEKEND IN WARSAW
JUNE 25 – 27
The summer has come! It is an occasion that needs to be celebrated accordingly – there must be good music, good food, good liquor, good people, and hot fun should wash away the woes of previous seasons. That’s how we’ve selected the TOP 8 events for the upcoming weekend. Wanna see?
If you would like to receive our weekend guide by email every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) Midsummer night by the Vistula
It is the ultimate way to welcome the summer. The program includes traditional Midsummers rituals, picnics, floating wreaths, acts by performers and dancers, flower workshops, breakfast on the grass, reconstruction of a Slavic village, competition for the most beautiful wreath, and “Slavic Prelude” – an exuberant spectacle combining body art, music, and dance!
When: Saturday, June 26, from 12:00 to 23:00
Where: Multimedialny Park Fontann
2) 2nd European Clown Festival on Praga Północ
Clown Invasion Festival aims to encourage the locals to co-create the New Circus – one without animals, verging on theater, but at the same time engaged in a dialogue about current local affairs. Its grand finale is to take place this Saturday. The agenda includes:
- Amusement Park of Praga – a musical/circus/theater performance immersed in a circus-folk-punk aesthetic. The performers improvise on stage, telling the story of a circus family that travels through time to face the crises of the 2020s.
When: Saturday, June 26, from 14:00
Where: Muzeum Warszawskiej Pragi – ul. Targowa 50/52
- circus workshops
When: Saturday, June 26, from 14:00 to 16:00
Where: Dom Sąsiedzki “Moje Szmulki” – ul. Łochowska 39
- parade of circus artists
When: Saturday, June 26, from 15:00
Where: starts from ul. Targowa 50/52 and finishes on al. Solidarności 55
- Futurlandia – a musical/circus/theater performance about the world-saving potential of magic, illusion, and circus of course.
When: Saturday, June 26, from 19:00
Where: Circus Market – al. Solidarności 55
- This weekend there is one party that stands out from the crowd – HARDMADE City Festival. It seems to comprise all that is needed to have urban fun. There will be two music stages, a food trucks zone, and an outdoor cinema. The event begins on Friday evening with a speed dating session, which at 22:00 will morph into a silent disco. Saturday’s party begins earlier – at 20:00 – and there will be an option to get body painting. It may be a good reminder of what festivals used to be and what they will be again soon.
When: from Friday, June 25, to Sunday, June 27
Where: LUNAPARK – Wał Miedzeszyński 407
- If you are not feeling like a big party but would prefer something with a local vibe, you definitely want to attend a concert of Rebel Hood Orchestra – Hańba. They have been awarded Polityka’s Passport in 2018 “for skillfully combining folk-punk music with the aesthetics of the 1930s.” Add to that the fact they will be performing in a simple square surrounded by blocks of flats. This is an elevated version of urban folk which has an unmatched appeal. This may not strictly be a party, but be sure that you won’t stop your feet from dancing.
When: Friday, June 25, from 19:00
Where: square between Przy Agorze 8 and 10
4) EURO 2020 zones
The most important European football tournament keeps pushing forward. For the next two weeks, there will be three matches every day. They will begin at 15:00, 18:00, and 21:00. You will be able to watch all of these matches in the following venues that prepared their EURO zones (beer, barbecue, foosball, pub quizzes, etc.):
- Where: OFF Brzeska – ul. Brzeska 25; FB event
- Where: Boogaloo Beach Bar – Plaża Żoliborz; FB event
- Where: Pomost 511 and Fala – Płyta Desantu 3 Dywizji Piechoty; FB event
- Where: Elektrownia Powiśle– ul. Dobra 42; FB event
- Where: Galeria Młociny – ul. Zgrupowania AK Kampinos 15; FB event
- Where: Plażówka – ul. Dzieci Warszawy 24; FB page
- Where: Hula Kula – ul. Jagiellońska 82b; FB event
- Where: Brooklyn House – ul. Jana Pawła II 18; FB event
5) Big Book Festival
It is the ultimate international feast for all book lovers. The 2021 edition is inspired by the theme of WE WILL BE BEAUTIFUL AGAIN! – the need for hope and trust in a better tomorrow, after a tumultuous experience of the pandemic. All that coalesces into three days of exciting events, performances, and talks which you can attend in person and/or online. We particularly recommend a talk with Sigrid Nunez – a winner of the National Booker Award 2018 (Sunday, June 27, at 20:00).
When: Friday, June 25, to Sunday, June 27; full program
Where: Big Book Cafe – ul. Dąbrowskiego 81 and Centrum Kultury – ul. Łowicka 21
- Polish Nature Beauty Days are dedicated to people who care about their inner and outer beauty, pay attention to what they eat and what they surround themselves with. That’s why you’ll find there cosmetics manufactured in Poland that are safe for the environment.
When: Saturday and Sunday, June 26 and 27, from 10:00 to 21:00
Where: Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42
- Small Labels Market invites music fans, record collectors, and everyone interested in the broadly understood independent scene. Events like this one prove that there are oceans of great music you can’t find on Spotify.
When: Sunday, June 27, from 13:00 to 16:00
Where: Fala – Pawilon nad Wisłą – Płyta Desantu
7) Outdoor yoga
There are very few better ways to start a weekend day than an outdoor yoga session. If you manage to wake up on time, we assure you that asanas energize you more effectively than your regular cup of coffee. And they are much healthier. This is where you can find your free practices:
- Yoga in a park
When: Fridays, from 17:00
Where: Park Żeromskiego
When: Saturdays, from 10:00
Where: Park Moczydło
When: Sundays, from 10:00
Where: Pole Mokotowskie
- Yoga on the grass
When: Saturdays and Sundays, from 10:00
Where: Prochownia Żoliborz – Park Żeromskiego
- Yoga on Boulevards
When: Saturday, June 26, from 8:00
Where: Bulwar Jana Karskiego (next to Punkt Edukacji Ekologicznej)
- Yoga in Lunapark
When: Saturdays, from 15:00
Where: Lunapark – Wał Miedzeszyński 407
- Outdoor yoga in Ursynów
When: Saturdays at 10:00
Where: Park Przy Bażantarni
- Outdoor yoga in Wilanów
When: Saturdays at 11:00
Where: Royal Wilanów – ul. Klimczaka 1
- Outdoor yoga in Park Skaryszewski
When: Sunday, June 27, at 19:00
Where: Park Skaryszewski
8) Food and drinks
This weekend’s special event is Koszyki Dobrego Smaku. Dedicated festival offers will allow you to delight in menus from all over the world and get selected dishes at special discounts. As a sidedish, there will be great DJs – Yoruba, DNTRT, and Eklektik – showcasing the pearls of their music collections. For us, that tastes and sounds promising at least!
When: Saturday and Sunday, June 26 and 27, from 12:00 to 19:00
Where: Hala Koszyki – ul. Koszykowa 63
And the weekend classics are:
- Nocny Market is a food court beloved by everybody in the city. There will be classics from the previous 5 editions, exciting debutantes, 5 drink bars, redesigned chillout, and music zones. We can’t wait for beetroot and goat cheese pizza from Włoski Strajk. It’s an absolute killer.
When: the venue will be open on all Fridays and Saturdays (17:00-01:00), and Sundays (17:00 – 23:00)
Where: Dworzec Głowny – ul. Towarowa 3
More on FB page
- OFF Brzeska is a place to buy local produce, savor mouth-watering street food, and bounce to cool live beats. All this in the surroundings of an iconic marketplace – Bazar Różyckiego. The venue’s classic set that we wholeheartedly recommend comprises pyzy (a type of dumplings) and a shot of ice-cold vodka.
When: the venue will be open on all Fridays (17:00-01:00), Saturdays (17:00-02:00), and Sundays (13:00 to 20:00)
Where: OFF Brzeska – Brzeska 25
More on FB page
- Slow Market is your choice when you are partying by the boulevards. This year it will be located on Płyta Desantu near Pomost 511 and Fala nad Wisłą which ensures that good food will be accompanied by music that will make your legs dance hard.
When: the venue will be open on all Fridays (18:00-02:00), Saturdays (12:00-02:00), and Sundays (12:00 – 22:00)
Where: Płyta Desantu
More on FB page
To find the best places for June walks, bike trips, dates, etc. consult our list of 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.