WEEKEND IN WARSAW
MAY 14 – 16
This weekend is all about two types of events: Long Night of Museums and re-opened bars and restaurants. We’ve prepared a selection of those events that you simply can’t miss, so you don’t have to spend hours optimizing the weekend. Dig in and enjoy the spring at its best (let’s just hope that the weather took into consideration that these are the days that MUST be spent outdoors).
If you would like to receive our weekend guide by email every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) Long Night of Museums
Long Night of Museums is an umbrella term for over 180 art-and-culture events inviting to visit cultural institutions, participate in online events and outdoor activities. There will be a dedicated free bus line marked “M” (for “Museum”) and many other public transport lines will be operating longer to make the transfer between the venues smooth and easy. Given the multitude of events, we’ve selected three that seem most time-worthy and where there still are free spots:
- In the Old Siekierki open-air game in which you can take part in 5 people teams. The idea is to discover the pre-war culture and traditions of Siekierki. The game takes around 1 hour to finish. You can start anytime between 14:00 and 18:00 from Dorożkarnia (ul. Siekierkowska 28). More on FB event.
- Night walk in BUW Gardens where you can marvel at cosmic sculptures of Ryszard Stryjecki and the natural beauty of floral paths. The gardens on ul. Dobra 56/66 will be open between 16:00 and 01:00.
- NEON walks in Zodiak which will take you on a tour of the most iconic neons that still brighten up the nights in the capital. You can register for a guided tour and/or independently visit three exhibitions prepared for the night. The starting point is in ZODIAK on Pasaż “Wiecha” 4. The event kicks off at 18:00 and ends at 22:00. More on FB event.
when: Saturday, May 15
You can find the full list of events on the official website.
2) Gastronomy is back!
The long-awaited moment when we can go to a bar, pub, cafe, restaurant, or any other place that serves food and drinks, order and consume it there is finally here! That means hundreds of special offers, celebratory events, and hours of outdoor dancing. Again, we selected the best of the best to recommend them to you.
- Boogaloo Beach Bar (ul. Wybrzeże Gdyńskie 2) enters the season with a concert of Jah Love Crew on a Friday night, a concert celebrating sisterhood on Saturday, and a ska/reggae set on Sunday. All that music plus Caribbean barbeque and beach-y drinks. More on FB page.
- Lunapark (ul. Wał Miedzeszyński 407) is definitely one of our favorite places in the city. Street food, drinks, great DJ sets and dancefloor, flippers and games, daytime events. The list just goes on and on for all weekend days. Check out for yourself on FB event.
- If you are more inclined to go to a calmer place, where you will be able to gradually shed the outdoor habits developed during the pandemic, we recommend either DZiK (ul. Belwederska 44A; FB event) or Bez Słowa (ul. Fosa 3; FB event) which are re-opening their gardens and premiering brand new menus on Saturday, May 14.
3) Foodtrucks in Wilanów and Ząbki
In our weekly food truck section, we have a rare double-event situation. This time you can devour street food delicacies in two districts!
- Wilanów – where we recommend trying out goose blood soup and acai bowls
when: Saturday, May 15, from 10:00 to 22:00, and Sunday, May 16, from 10:00 to 21:00
where: Plaża Wilanów
- Ząbki – which attract us with their churros and unorthodox hot dogs.
when: Friday, May 14, from 15:00 to 20:00, Saturday and Sunday, May 15 and 16, from 12:00 to 20:00
where: ul. 3 maja
4) Outdoor cinemas and online film festival
For those looking for cinematic pleasures we’ve prepared three options to consider:
- 18th Węgiel Film Festival which allows you to see the free screenings of 30 short fiction and documentary films from all over the world. There are also accompanying lectures, talks, and Q&A sessions with creators and film scholars.
when: until Sunday, May 16
- Spring outdoor cinema in Chono Lulu where you can watch a documentary about Molesta Ewenement – a legendary Varsovian hip-hop group, and accompany the screening with wine, craft beer, poke bowl, and/or a burger.
when:Saturday, May 15, from 21:00
where: ul. Mińska 25
- Outdoor cinema in Białołęka where you can watch “Palm Springs” (IMDb).
when: Saturday, May 15, from 21:00
where: car park on ul. Głębocka 66
For more ideas for spending time with increased social distancing, see WHAT TO DO AT HOME: THE 18 BEST IDEAS FOR BOREDOM DURING A PANDEMIC and to find the best places to go, consult our list of 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.