WEEKEND IN WARSAW
MAY 7 – 9
The restrictions not so strict, the weather finally showing the signs of spring, and a weekend – that definitely has gotten our hopes up for some quality leisure time. Check our list of the TOP 8 events that will spice up your weekend and get you in a genuine May mood.
If you would like to receive our weekend guide by email every week, please enter your email address below. Delivery every Thursday.
1) OFF Brzeska opens the season
OFF Brzeskais a place to buy local produce, savor mouth-watering street food, and bounce to cool live beats. All this in the surroundings of an iconic marketplace – Bazar Różyckiego. The venue’s classic set that we wholeheartedly recommend comprises pyzy (a type of dumplings) and a shot of ice-cold vodka.
when: from Friday, May 7, to Sunday, May 9; Friday from 17:00 to 1:00, Saturday from 17:00 to 2:00, Sunday from 13:00 to 20:00
where: OFF Brzeska – Brzeska 25
2) Volume up – live concerts streamings
The long-awaited moment when we can attend concerts at venues is already looming on the horizon. Until then we are getting a portion of ear-pleasing streamings that will help us dance the week’s blues away and get into the positive weekend vibes.
- Sanah in microconcert – you must have heard her hit song “Ale jazz!”. This time sanah will be interviewed by Agnieszka Szydłowska (newonce.radio) and viewers on FB. She will also perform some of her best-known songs.
when: Friday, May 7, from 18:00
- Hob-beats Percussion Group is a band of drummers that will perform as a part of the 35th Warsaw Music Meetings. So if you are into strong beats that’s a real delicacy.
when: Friday, May 7, from 19:00
- Coals’ music was dubbed a “dreamy ethereal pop, drawing both from electronic music and elements of folk: by the prestigious The Quietus magazine. If you want to check out how they sound, they will inaugurate this year’s season in Port Kultury.
when: Saturday, May 8, from 20:00
3) The style of spring 2021 – where to get your fashion products?
As the thrills of visiting re-opened shopping malls are understandable, we prefer to purchase our clothes in pop-up markets and the following ones are looking quite promising:
- Should you want to get your wardrobe ready for the spring/summer season, SHOP LOCAL! is the place to be. Renowned Polish brands and fashion industry newbies will help you navigate around the trends as you will try on their clothing, accessories, and jewelry. One thing is for sure – it is always a good idea to enter the warm seasons in style.
when: from Wednesday, May 5, to Saturday, May 8, from 10:00 to 22:00
where: Blue City – Al. Jerozolimskie 179
- If you prefer vintage style in fashion don’t hesitate to attend Vintage Shopping Days. They are all about hand-picked vintage, second-hand clothes, accessories, jewelry, vinyl records, and books. Moreover, Levi’s is organizing a dedicated zone for customizing old jeans and denim jackets, where you will also meet young Polish designers showcasing their ideas for bringing new life to old clothes and influencers selling their signature clothes and accessories.
when: from Saturday, May 8, to Sunday, May 9, from 10:00 to 21:00
where: Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42
4) Free bike service in Elektrownia Powiśle
This is kind of self-explanatory. If you want your bike prepared for the season for free, you can leave it in the deft hands of specialists from Dwa Osiem and Cech Bike. In the meantime, you can check out other events in Elektrownia Powiśle or just do your regular shopping there.
when: from Friday, May 7, to Sunday, May 9, from 12:00 to 20:00
where: Elektrownia Powiśle – ul. Dobra 42
5) Make your home green again – florist markets
Indeed, we have developed a kind of obsession with home plants. They just make living spaces so much more homey, cozy, and lively. So if your plant portfolio still has the room the expand this is where you need to go at the weekend:
- Hala Koszyki (ul. Koszykowa 63) will host Moja Roślina concept store where you will be able to get your flowers, plants, trees, pots and other accessories. The store opens on Friday, May 7, and ends on Sunday, May 9. It will be open from 9:00 to 21:00 (FB event).
- Liście Powiśle (ul. Leszczyńska 8) prepared a selection of herbs and plants for balconies that will happily green up your place, all that at very attractive garage-sale prices. The offer is valid on Saturday, May 8, and Sunday, May 9, from 11:00 to 16:00 (FB event).
6) 28th Alpinist Film Festival
This is an event for mountain enthusiasts. No matter if you like to do climbing yourself, enjoy taking a hike, or just like to watch others do that you will find great content there. We are really looking forward to a talk with Andrzej Bargiel (the first person to ski down K2 and Yawash Sar II) and the screening of awarded movies. The schedule is really rich and features almost all of the Polish alpinist superstars. Check it out for yourself in person or via the Internet.
when: from Friday, May 7, to Sunday, May 9
where: online and Muzeum Sportu i Turystyki (ul. Wybrzeże Gdyńskie 4)
7) 24th Science Fair
Experimenters of all ages unite! If you feel like doing science at the weekend, this is a fountain of inspiration. This year’s edition is organized entirely online and its main theme is the climate. Our editors’ pick is the sky show transmitted live from Centrum Nauki Kopernik that will crown both Saturday’s and Sunday’s schedule.
when: Saturday, May 8, and Sunday, May 9, from 11:00 to 19:30
8) Foodtrucks on Bemowo
In our weekly food truck section, we are inviting you to Bemowo again. This time round we are feeling a lot like eating cevapcici from Los Santos Bar.
when: from Friday, May 7, to Sunday, May 9; Friday from 15:00 to 20:00, Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 to 20:00
where: Park Górczewska
For more ideas for spending time with increased social distancing, see WHAT TO DO AT HOME: THE 18 BEST IDEAS FOR BOREDOM DURING A PANDEMIC and to find the best places to go, consult our list of 35 AMAZING THINGS TO DO IN WARSAW IN 2021.